Monday, August 27, 2007

Inspiration

I've spent a couple days at the MN State Fair, and will be there again for three more days while I chaperone the 4-H girls from our county who are camping in. I did get a chance to look at the knit items on display in the Creative Activities building. There was one loom knit entry:



Here is another hat (done with needles); I really like the stitch pattern. It can definitely be replicated on looms, and while it's a little slow going, for a small project like a hat it's definitely do-able.



Regular readers of this blog know I've been playing with felting, especially purses and bags. I'd be proud to have created this one:



I love cables, and a throw pillow would be a great way to try the challenge of a new cable stitch pattern:



This baby blanket was crocheted. It took the very discerning eye of a gentleman standing near me to point out the technique employed to prevent the strips from slipping and bunching. Hmmm, how to accomplish that on the looms?



And for true inspiration, this patchwork banner was knit and crocheted by a blind lady. The tag attached to it reads, "Gerry is a woman who bas been blind since birth. She was raised in the country. She does blind art, writes music and poetry, and likes to knit and crochet. This is what the world looks like from her perspective."

1 Comments:

Blogger Sorka said...

Hey! Where is your entry?? heheh
My county fair finally posted their book online.. so I don't have to run down to the office with 4 kids in the car to pick it up!
look out.. next year I am entering!!
Denise
knitchat.com

8/28/2007 5:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home