Tuesday, August 29, 2006

$2 Treasure?

I knew it was bound to happen sooner or later -- looms showing up at garage sales and in thrift stores. I found this Knit-A-Round today, for $2! Since it retails for $19.99, the price was right, though it is missing the Easy-Knit needles. The gauge is larger than the yellow Knifty Knitter loom; the diameter of the ring of pegs is just a little smaller than the yellow loom, and it has 32 pegs (the red KK has 31). Appropriately, the instructions recommend using Jiffy (super bulky) yarn.



To date, I've been focused on the KK looms, as they are readily available, reasonably priced, and I teach at Michaels, who requires that class supplies be available in their stores. Sometimes, however, I wish there were more gauge choices.

I haven't played with the Knit-A-Round yet. It would be interesting to do a comparison by making hats on the red and green looms and the KAR. I'm not sure how I'd like the topless pegs. Well, sometime when I'm between projects and want something fairly quick and mindless to do...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home