Thursday, September 27, 2007

Variegated Yarn

A young male co-worker was fascinated with the bright variegated yarn I was frogging and wanted a hat made from that yarn. I took advantage of the opportunity to try something I've wanted to do for some time. I wondered how it would look to make a hat with two strands of variegated yarn where the colors matched up. So I knit up hat that way, and only had to "cheat" a couple times to keep the color changes matched up. This hat has a ribbed brim, and is knit with the twisted stockinette stitch with some purl stitches at intervals.



Then I knit up a hat with the color changes of the two strands at odds with each other. This hat has a garter stitch brim, and is all twisted stockinette stitch.



They're both great. I can see them on toddlers at a playground, making it very easy for Mom to keep track of her kids. I'm curious to see which the young man prefers.

--ed. He chose the first hat, where the two strands of color match up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home