Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Visiting Graciela

Also over the holidays, I got together with Graciela Worth, who lives in the San Francisco Bay Area, where I grew up.



Graciela is very talented in many craft areas. She has many years of experience designing sweaters, including custom logoed sweaters she used to make and sell to local sports teams. She now spends all her free time with a knitting loom in her hands. When I was there, she had just finished another gorgeous loomed sweater, to which pictures don't do justice. She used what she calls the Slip and Purl stitch pattern, and has graciously given permission for me to share that with you. This stitch pattern alternates columns of garter stitch with columns of elongated knit stitches.



Cast on to an odd number of pegs.
Row 1: Purl 2 pegs. *Bring the yarn behind the next peg to skip it. Purl 1.* Repeat from * to * until two pegs before the end. Purl the last 2 pegs.
Row 2: E-wrap and knit off all pegs.
Repeat rows 1 - 2.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sorka said...

WOW You just got to hang out with everyone out there!! When you gonna come hang out with me in Ohio??
hehhe
I was hoping to get to the Mall of America but I don't think that is going to happen!
Denise

2/06/2008 2:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anne
I happened to email Gracelia when you were there. It sounded like you were having a good time. I wish I could visit all of you and see your talented projects in person.
Karol beaufore
nklu1107

2/20/2008 12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home