Saturday, November 03, 2007

Long Loom Purse

Michaels is having a Yarn Event on November 11 and 17 in all their stores. All the KK instructors will be doing demonstrations on the long loom set, making this purse. This isn't my pattern, but I did knit up a sample to put on display at the store where I teach.

This purse is knit with just over 1/2 skein Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick and Quick using all the pegs on the pink loom, using a "Figure-8" stitch for 36 rows. The knit rectangle is folded in half, and side seams are sewn. The purse opening has one row of single crochet, with a loop included in the middle of one side for the closure. I used a large bead to complete the closure. The strap is a 4-peg I-cord also made on the pink loom.

If I were to make this purse for myself, I would make a shorter, beaded strap, as the 6" square purse is too pretty and dainty for the bulky I-cord strap. I would also put a lining in it so heavy contents don't stretch the knitting out of shape.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home